YEMEN. Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power, a leading global power solutions provider, has successfully installed 54 MW power plant in the province of Aden, Yemen.
The Governor and Public Electricity Corporation (PEC) officials, together with various government officials and the Executives of Altaaqa Global inaugurated the power plant that will provide up to 15% of the province summer electricity demand.
Governor Wahid Ali Rashid expressed deep gratitude to the President, His Excellency Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi for the great solution to the demands and needs of the governorate of Aden, he said “the President of the Republic of Yemen has spent a lot of time and efforts to make this power plant into reality.
The President has personally been involved in providing the best solutions for electricity crisis and urgently responded to address the situation of electricity.” The Governor appealed to the citizens of Aden to use the electricity wisely and be efficient in consuming energy to ensure a sustainable energy and avoid electric outages.
According to Engineer Khalil Abdul-Malik, Director General of Public Electricity Corporation (PEC), “This is the fastest power plant ever built in the history of Yemen. It only took us 23 days from the day that we have signed the contract until the day that we have supplied electricity. This is a record breaking power project. The government, PEC and Altaaqa Global has worked diligently together to deliver electricity to the province of Aden.” He pointed out that “this power plant will alleviate the suffering of the citizens due to power outages and reduce the power deficit.”
“With this new power plant, 95% of the workforce is local Yemeni engineers and the remaining 5% are from Altaaqa Global Caterpillar.” According to Steven Meyrick, Managing Director of Altaaqa Global, “We are committed to helping our immediate environs through a sustainable business model by creating employment opportunities in the areas where we operate.
"By hiring local talents in Yemen, we are proud to serve the community and contribute to their social lives. We have also invested a significant amount of resources to train the Yemeni workforce to ensure that our operation is still on its optimum level. In the end, we have passed on our technical know-how to the local workforce while maintaining our operational standards and processes. We will surely replicate the same process of hiring local people in other countries that we are planning to pursue in the future.”
“Because of the successful collaboration between the Altaaqa Global workforce and the local Yemeni team, the power plants of 11kV and 33kV installation were completed as per schedule.” According to Peter den Boogert, GM of Business Development of Altaaqa Global, “Even during summer when it can reach up to 38 degrees Celsius, and during Ramadan when we are only able to work for a short period of time, we were able to complete the power project due to our strong operational and streamlined business process.”
About Altaaqa Global
Altaaqa Global, a subsidiary of Saudi Arabia’s Zahid Group, has been selected by Caterpillar Inc. to deliver multi-megawatt turnkey temporary power solutions worldwide. The company owns, mobilizes, installs, and operates efficient temporary independent power plants (IPP’s) at customer sites, focusing on the emerging markets of Sub-Sahara Africa, Central Asia, the Indian Subcontinent, Latin America, South East Asia, the Middle East, and North Africa. Offering power rental equipment that will operate with different types of fuel such as diesel, natural gas, or dual-fuel, Altaaqa Global is positioned to rapidly deploy and provide temporary power plant solutions, delivering electricity whenever and wherever it may be needed.
For more information, please visit www.altaaqaglobal.com/
About Zahid Group
Zahid Group represents a diverse range of companies, offering comprehensive, customer-centric solutions in a number of thriving industries. Some of those include construction; mining; oil & gas; agriculture; power, electricity & water generation; material handling; building materials; transportation & logistics; real estate development; travel & tourism; waste management & recycling; and hospitality.
For more information, please visit www.zahid.com