Oil Gas & Utilities

Posted: 10-08-2011
INTERNATIONAL. Saudi Arabia pumped the most oil in three decades last month, reaching 9.8 million barrels a day and boosting OPEC production, the International Energy Agency said. Increased output in Angola helped replace lower supply in Libya. Daily supply from the 11 Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries members bound by quotas rose to 27.37 million barrels a day in July from 27.22 million in June, the Paris-based IEA said today in its monthly oil market report. “Output has regained levels close to those seen before the Libyan crisis, although OPEC spare capacity now stands at
Posted: July 8, 2014
UAE. The deal will see Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries acquire a total of 38.4% stake in Metito, and both Gulf Capital and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) continue holding 23.8% and 3% of Metito, respectively.
Posted: July 7, 2014
IRAQ. One of the biggest obstacles to Kurdish secession is money, with oil revenues from areas they control insufficient to pay for the region's numerous civil servants, experts say.
Posted: July 7, 2014
YEMEN. The Norwegian oil and gas operator announced resumption of oil production from Block 32 Howarime and Block 43 South Howarime in the Republic of Yemen.
Posted: July 7, 2014
UAE. The ripple effects of the North American energy boom from major importer to soon-to-be exporter are being felt across the Middle East, Russia and China. This trend will reshape the global geopolitical landscape according to a Deloitte report.
Posted: July 6, 2014
INTERNATIONAL. The U.S. will remain the world's biggest oil producer this year after overtaking Saudi Arabia and Russia as extraction of energy from shale rock spurs the nation's economic recovery, Bank of America said.
Posted: July 5, 2014
SAUDI ARABIA. Year-on-year inflation remained unchanged from the previous month's level at 2.7% in May. The contribution of both food and housing and rental inflation also fell.
Posted: July 4, 2014
UAE. GDF SUEZ holds a 20% equity interest in the project with the remaining 80% held by ADWEA (Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority).
Posted: July 3, 2014
OMAN. BP has selected Veolia to design, build and operate a raw water treatment plant for its project to develop the Khazzan gas field, located southwest of Muscat in the Sultanate of Oman.
Posted: July 1, 2014
LEBANON. The hydrocarbon sector potential holds a promising medium-term outlook. However, the political standoff is likely to delay commercial exploitation beyond stated government targets.
Posted: July 1, 2014
UAE. Among the targets of Dragonfly were energy grid operators, major electricity generation firms, petroleum pipeline operators, and energy industry industrial equipment providers.
Posted: June 30, 2014
UAE. Abraaj acquired in 2009 a controlling stake through one of its funds in KES Power, the majority shareholder of K-Electric, a vertically integrated power utility listed on the Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore stock exchanges in Pakistan.
Posted: June 30, 2014
UAE. Waha Capital plans to invest across the energy sector value chain in the MENA region; Acquires a 20.56% stake in National Petroleum Services (NPS) alongside other investors.
Posted: June 30, 2014
UAE. Energy sector hit by selling as Iraqi oil keeps on flowing; Precious metals managed to hold on to the gains from the previous week with silver reaching the highest since March, continuing to outperform gold.
Posted: June 30, 2014
UAE. "The GCC states' dependence on the oil and gas sector as a key vulnerability, particularly absent the accumulation of significant financial buffers, should there be a sharp and sustained decline in the oil price or in hydrocarbon export volumes."
Posted: June 28, 2014
INTERNATIONAL. Two 700-million-barrel oil fields in Nineveh and a 500-million-barrel oil field in Salah-e-Din among sites most at risk, says GlobalData analyst.


date:Posted: July 29, 2014
KUWAIT. US$35.1 billioln of new sukuks issued during 2Q14; GCC primary market account for 26.7% market share or US$17.7 billion of the total global new sukuk issuances in 1H14.
date:Posted: July 28, 2014
INTERNATIONAL. Janet Yellen is very different from any of her predecessors. She is likely the most dovish and politically leftist Fed Chair in the Central Bank's history; She sees the Fed's mission as a tool to promote progressive social policy.
date:Posted: July 28, 2014
QATAR. The potential in Indonesia is enormous and more rapid growth could generate opportunities for a number of foreign companies, says QNB Group report.
INTERNATIONAL. Another sign of deteriorating relations between the United States and Russia; The Cold War treaty, ratified in 1988, was designed to eliminate ground-launched cruise missiles with ranges of 500 to 5,500 km.
INTERNATIONAL. The future will be decided in a race between global advances in demand for resources, complex technology and biotech innovation, and growing sovereign debt.