Company News

FEATURED REPORT...
Posted: 08-08-2011
UAE. Emirates, Dubai's flagship carrier, said the European Union's planned carbon emission scheme may cost it as much as US$1 billion over 10 years, as it joined others airlines in objecting to the tax. From January, airlines flying to or from Europe will have to buy permits from the EU's emissions trading scheme (ETS) for 15% of the carbon emissions produced during the entire flight. "It (the scheme) will have a very significant impact on Emirates," Andrew Parker, Emirates' senior vice president for industry and environmental affairs, said at a conference in Dubai. "It's safe to assume som
Posted: October 15, 2014
UAE. Addition of five partners and other senior staff creates leading consulting portfolio from strategy to design, development and delivery.
Posted: October 15, 2014
UAE. UAE IT market estimated value around AED15.75 billion in 2013; UAE is a major re-export hub for computer products to Africa and South Asia.
Posted: October 14, 2014
UAE. UAE employs over 28% region's total petrochemical workforce.
Posted: October 14, 2014
QATAR. Agreement to provide Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (M-TADS/PNVS) systems to the Qatar Emiri Air Force.
Posted: October 14, 2014
UAE. Survey uncovers heightened IT security risks caused by a culture of employee complacency; identifies the four employee security behaviour profiles most likely to put business data at risk.
Posted: October 14, 2014
UAE. Mobile industry in the Arab states growing faster than global average; Industry contributes 4.4% to regional GDP and directly supports one million jobs.
Posted: October 14, 2014
UAE. BYOD driving global mobile malware types above record 3 million in 2014.
Posted: October 14, 2014
SAUDI ARABIA. Company awarded subcontract to handle geotechnical and geophysical works on Riyadh Metro Lines 1 and 2.
Posted: October 13, 2014
QATAR. The Group's conservative policy in regard to provisioning continued with the coverage ratio reaching 124% in September 2014.
Posted: October 13, 2014
UAE. Consumer credit scores and trace creditworthiness are vital for projecting the probability of an insurance claim in the future, according to the CEO of the Saudi Credit Bureau (SIMAH).
Posted: October 13, 2014
UAE. The mobile student has entered the campus: owns three or more connected devices, prefers a Wi-Fi connection and working outside normal school hours.
Posted: October 13, 2014
UAE. Top CEOs and finance leaders gathered in Dubai for the first Chartered Accountants Worldwide Summit.
Posted: October 13, 2014
UAE. The Middle East and Africa (MEA) handset market grew to its largest size in ten quarters, expanding 27%; Smartphone share of the overall market jumped 13% to reach 40% in Q2 2014.
Posted: October 13, 2014
UAE. Demand for flexible working has seen an 20% increase from the previous year; Growing need for businesses to adopt mobility solutions to capitalise on benefits of anytime, anywhere working.
Posted: October 13, 2014
BAHRAIN. Both bring expertise in financial services and extensive experience in the Middle East; Company expanding in the region; investing in real estate and private equity.

MIDDLE EAST BUSINESS COMMENT & ANALYSIS

date:Posted: October 20, 2014
UAE. "The proposed Amanat IPO is strong evidence of continuing interest in regional and international interest in IPOs in the UAE and the GCC more widely, despite the recent softening in equity markets globally."
date:Posted: October 20, 2014
SAUDI ARABIA. Food and rental inflation accelerate; Jadwa revises its estimates for average annual inflation to 2.8% for 2014, slightly down from 2.9%.
date:Posted: October 20, 2014
UAE. The strengthening economic fundamentals, the amelioration in the risk profile of major regional countries, the governmental implementation of key business-friendly reforms are all stimulating factors for deal generation activity, according to a Bureau van Dijk and MENA Research Partners report.
UAE. The strengthening economic fundamentals, the amelioration in the risk profile of major regional countries, the governmental implementation of key business-friendly reforms are all stimulating factors for deal generation activity, according to a Bureau van Dijk and MENA Research Partners report.
INTERNATIONAL. Bitcoin has followed a volatile path to growing acceptance since its creation in 2009; In this interview finance expert Arturo Bris analyses the risks associated with bitcoin.
dhgate